Homemade Christmas Decorations Using Doilies

I'm not sure why, maybe it's the weather we are getting at the moment but I was searching online for Vintage Christmas Decorations and came across something I couldn't wait to share with you.

I love to decorate my house at Christmas time and have already started planning. I realize it's still August but I just can't help myself.

\"Christmas Decorations\"

My Christmas theme is Vintage. I include antique Christmas ornaments and homemade Christmas decorations to give my decorating that cozy, warm yet traditional feel.

Homemade Christmas Decorations Using Doilies

If you love the look of Vintage Christmas Decorations you are going to love this very inexpensive and easy decorating idea!

One word... doilies.

The next time you go to your local thrift store or flea market, keep you eyes open for those delicate small doilies and purchase a bunch of them. Chances are you will find several and for a very low cost.

Grab all different sizes, bring them home and wash them. Let them dry overnight then on a covered surface with a foam brush or small roller, coat both sides of doilies with undiluted fabric stiffener until just saturated and let dry overnight. After your doilies are dry press them with your iron and hang at different lengths in your window using thread to monofilament.

I've made my own paper snowflakes in the past but I think this year's Christmas is going to have extra, extra Vintage Christmas charm!

My only thought right now is, why didn't I think of this!

I hope you try this easy, inexpensive Christmas craft and tell me how you liked it.

Homemade Christmas Decorations Using Doilies

I am excited to be able to work from home so I can have more time to do what I love including: house boating, food, friends, animals, and helping others get their business off the ground and on the right path. It brings me great joy to play a part in someone else's success.

I also have a passion for Vintage Christmas Decorations, Antique Christmas Ornaments and Homemade Christmas Decorations.

Please feel free to stop by my Blog to get more great Christmas decorating ideas http://www.vintage-christmasdecorations.info